Inside ConnectExplore, you've got the option to breakdown your Facebook ad statistics on an interest-per-interest basis. In most cases, this works flawless. However, in some cases you may not be able to get breakdown insights on your ad(s).
In this article we'll explain a) how the data is collected, b) why you may not see any data and c) what you can do to fix that.
Where is the data on the breakdown-page coming from?
We don't "collect" or track this data ourselves. All the data on the breakdown page is coming directly from Facebook, it's not altered in any way. Because of this, we're not in control what data we can or can't show. Instead, ConnectExplore is 100% depending on Facebook for this data.
In case Facebook has data to show for your selected Facebook Ad, we'll show it on the breakdown page. In case Facebook doesn't send us any data for your selected ad, we won't be able to show you them either.
In short, if you're not getting any breakdown statistics, it's because Facebook doesn't send them with us.
Based on what criteria does Facebook reveal these statistics?
The breakdown statistics are only available for the following:
- They can only be shown on the ad-level (so they can't be seen for a campaign or ad-set as a whole).
- They only show statistics over the last 7 days.
- They appear with a ± 24 hour delay.
However, even if these conditions are met... there are still cases where the breakdown statistics are not available. Unfortunately, Facebook doesn't reveal based on what criteria they do or don't share these statistics with us.
Through experience we've noticed that when there "isn't enough meaningful data" available, Facebook simply won't show.
Some examples that may not work:
- If you only spent a small budget (e.g. $10) on your Facebook ad over the last 7 days.
- If you have a LOT of interests added to your targeting (since this would likely result in a low number of impressions for each interest).
- If you are running dynamic ads (because when you split-test various images and headlines, it will create multiple unique Facebook Ads, each with only a part of your budget).
You may experience that even in these situations your breakdown statistics will work. However, through practice we've found the above to be true.
What can you do to make the breakdown statistics available?
There are various things you should check in case your breakdown statistics aren't working.
Check 1: Check whether the ad that you've created is using "interest" based targeting.
Check 2: Check whether the ad has been active over the last 7 days.
Check 3: Check whether it's been more than 24 hours since the ad started. If that's not the case, please try again tomorrow.
In some cases, the breakdown statistics are not available for the "last 7 days", but they are available for a specific date. Here's how to show the statistics for a specific day:
Step 1: Click on "Last 7 days" in the top right corner.
Step 2: click on "Specific Day"
Step 3: Pick a day in the last 7 day period.
Once you've got the basics covered and you're still not seeing any breakdown statistics, try the following:
- Increase the spending of your Facebook Ad. It's possible that you're not spending enough on your ad.
- Reduce the amount of ads in your ad set. Your budget will be spread out over each ad in your ad set, making sure each ad on itself has less reach. With just a few ads in your ad set, they'll get a bigger portion of your budget.
- Reduce the amount of interests that you're targeting in case you're targeting quite a few.
- Prevent using Dynamic Ads.
This should help you get an insights on how your interests are performing!