In this guide we'll show you step by step how to get all your leads from ConnectLeads into your Mailchimp newsletter.
In case you have any issues with your integration, we suggest to follow this guide closely.
Step 1: Locate your Mailchimp API key
To find your MailChimp API Key:
- Log in to your MailChimp account at http://mailchimp.com.
- Then, from the menu on the top right, click on your Username, then select "Account" in the flyout menu.
- From the account page select "Extras", "API Keys". Your API Key will be listed in the table labeled "Your API Keys".
- Copy your API key.
Step 2: Add your Mailchimp account to Connectio
- Log into your Connectio account at http://app.connectio.io
- Go to Settings > Manage Autoresponder and click on "Add New".
- Enter a name (e.g. Mailchimp) and select "Mailchimp" in the drop-down list.
- Paste your API code in the designated field.
- Optional: decide whether you want to enable double opt-ins ("No" = recommended).
- Press "Save"
Step 3: Create your Lead Form at Facebook
Step 3b: (optional - in case you're collecting custom fields)
Please note that in case you don't have the *exact* field names, the integration will not work. Please do double check that.
In case you are only collecting the "Email" and "Full Name", you can Save the Lead Form in the final step.
Step 5: Configure custom fields (Optional)
In case you are collecting more than one Custom Field, you can click "Add Custom Field" multiple times.
On the right hand side you'll need to enter the the field name of Mailchimp - which you'll need to create inside your Mailchimp email list first.
In order to do that, please log into your Mailchimp account.
Click on "Lists" and go to your lists' Settings:
In case the names of the leads are not visible at Mailchimp
In case your leads are not showing up at your Mailchimp list at all
Log into your your Mailchimp account and proceed to your Lists' Settings, and go to the "List fields and *|MERGE|* tags" page.
Make sure all fields are "not required":
In case extra information (besides name / email) is not showing up at Mailchimp
Make sure you've entered the 100% exact correct fields when setting up your Lead Form as described above.
Please note that you can't edit your Lead Form at Facebook, so in case you're not sure what exact fields you entered, you'll have to re-create a new Lead Form.
How to get your support tickets resolved faster
Statistics have shown us that the more you tell us when you report an issue, the faster we solve that ticket. So...
1 - If you have screengrabs, please include them. A picture is worth a thousand words.
2 - If you have recorded a video showing the issue you're having, please include that as well. A video is worth a million words.
We recommend a free service called Loom for creating these videos. (this is a link to https://www.useloom.com/)
3 - To speed up ticket resolution, follow these useful tips How to Write the Perfect Support Ticket (That Gets Results Fast)